Be Free ("I") am committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with my terms and conditions and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data I collect from you, or that you provide to me, will be processed by me. Please read the following carefully to understand my views and practices regarding your personal data and how I will treat it. I keep certain basic information when you visit my website and recognise the importance of keeping that information secure and letting you know what I will do with it.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (the Regulation), the data controller is Peb Thomas.
This policy only applies to my site. If you leave my site via a link or otherwise, you will be subject to the policy of that website provider. I have no control over that policy or the terms of the website and you should check their policy before continuing to access the site.
Information I may collect from you
I may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Be Free website, http://www.befreehypnotherapy.com (my site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use my site, subscribing to my service or requesting further services. I may also ask you for information when you report a problem with my site.
- If you contact me, I may keep a record of that correspondence.
- I may also ask you to complete surveys that I use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to my site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, operating system, browser usage and other communication data, whether this is required for my own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
IP addresses and cookies
I may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to my advertisers. This is statistical data about my users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual and I will not collect personal information in this way.
I may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help me to improve my site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable me to:
- estimate my audience size and usage pattern.
- store information about your preferences, and so allow me to customise my site according to your individual interests.
- speed up your searches.
- recognise you when you return to my site.
I use Google Analytics to help me to understand how you make use of my content and work out how I can make things better. These cookies follow your progress through my website, collecting anonymous data on where you have come from, which pages you visit, and how long you spend on the site. This data is then stored by Google in order to create reports. These cookies do not store your personal data.
The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website, including your IP address, may be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google may use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for us and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google's behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. By using this website, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
Where I store your personal data
All information you provide to me is stored on my secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where I have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of my site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. I ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although I will do my best to protect your personal data, I cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to my site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once I have received your information, I will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
I use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from my site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from me or which I feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out my obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and I.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of my service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to my service.
Disclosure of your information
I may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If I am under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, my clients, or others.
Be Free is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should you be asked to provide certain information by which you can be identified then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
What Be Free collects
The following information may be collected:
· name, date of birth and job title
· contact information including phone number and email address
· medical information as relevant and appropriate to the therapy being undertaken
· other information relevant to therapy being undertaken
What is done with the information gathered
The information gathered about you is required to understand your needs and provide you with a better service.
Internal record keeping.
The information may be used to improve Be Free products and services.
If you have indicated that you are interested in other services, you may periodically receive promotional emails using the email address which you have provided.
Be Free is committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures have been put in place to safeguard and secure the information collected online, by telephone and in person.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
if you have previously agreed to Be Free using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing email@example.com
Be Free will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless you have given your permission or if it is required by law . Your personal information may be used to send you promotional information about third parties which Be Free thinks you may find interesting if you have said that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which Be Free holds about you under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to:
Peb Thomas, Be Free, 50 High Street, Henley in Arden, B95 5AN
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you believe that any information being held on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email as soon as possible at the above address. Any information found to be incorrect will be promptly corrected.