As a fully qualified, certified and professional therapist I get enormous satisfaction from helping people take control over aspects of their life or behaviour which are causing them problems. I love my work! Some might think that it is odd to enjoy working with people who may be in distress, but it is wonderful to share in the transformation that can happen when someone works with me.
I have a genuine interest in helping people achieve the changes they want and need. I am extremely approachable, interested in each person's situation. I work with sensitivity and a completely non-judgemental attitude.
Life can throw all sorts of things at us, and sometimes those things leave impressions in us that are far from helpful. People come to see me for all sorts of reasons. I meet clients who have anxiety which can show itself in many different ways, such as panic attacks, intrustive negative thoughts, obsessive or compulsive behaviour or even fears about something they need to do in their work or social life. They might have lost confidence in themselves and their skills, or feel that they need to develop and improve some aspect of themselves, such as their self-esteem or self-worth. Some may have lost their focus in work or in sport, or are finding it hard to cope with change in their lives. Sometimes there are specific areas which a client might want to focus on such as a sexual difficulty. Other people want support in making personal changes like stopping smoking, or reducing their intake of alcohol.
I will work with you as an individual who has their own personal and different life experiences to any other client I might see. I will shape the work we do together for you personally, to make sure that your specific needs are considered and that the best routes for therapy are taken.
In addition to clinical hypnotherapy and BWRT, I might introduce some elements of life coaching, if I feel you would benefit from working on goals in your new life. Mindfulness techniques might be included where calmness and clarity are needed.
Whichever therapeutic path is right for you, I will have your interests and your needs as my focus in all that we do together.
- BSc (Hons) Human Psychology
- Hypnotherapy Practitioner Diploma (D. Hyp)
- Diploma in Paediatric Hypnotherapy
- Diploma in Psychosexual Dysfunction
- Certificate in Ericksonian Hypnotherapy
- Certificate in Solution Focused Hypno-Psychology
- Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapy
- Certificate in NLP Professional Coaching
- Certificate in Solution Focused Counselling Skills
- Certificates in BrainWorking Recursive Therapy® (BWRT) Level 1 and Level 2
- CIPD qualified (Associate Grade)
- PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner Level
- City & Guilds Certificates in Instructional Techniques and Direct Training
- Certificate in Mindfulness Teaching
- Graduate Member of the British Psychological Society
- Member of the National Council for Hypnotherapy
- Member of the Complementary & National Healthcare Council
- Practitioner Member of Anxiety UK
- Member of the Institute of Brain Working Recursive Therapy® (BWRT)
- Member of the British BrainWorking Research Society (BBRS)
- Accredited teacher with the UK College for Mindfulness Meditation
As part of the requirement of my membership with professional organisations, and also to maintain good practice and personal well-being, I undertake regular clinical supervision sessions with my own clinical supervisor as well as ongoing continuous professional development.